Hey you, yeah, you...the one with the scale out seeing which of the six identical tires on the shelf is the lightest. Sure, some might call you a bit obsessive, but no worries, here, the S-Works Epic is speaking exactly the same language. Countless design hours, endless test laps, terabytes of telemetry data, all of it to make sure not a single ounce of speed was left on the table.
Mixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, the S-Works Epic has always been defined by an obsessive commitment to speed. Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums. True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient BRAIN suspension we've ever created to ensure it's always on a first-name-basis with fast. Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike, all more smoothly than ever.
Redesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and better handling performance, the S-Works Epic frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform. A dedicated layup schedule and the use of our top-shelf FACT 12m Carbon takes weight savings yet a step further than it's stablemates, while the pièce de résistance comes in the form of a carbon fiber shock link, combining to shave a total of over 100 grams from the previous generation S-works frame—no easy task, mind you. Pairing perfectly with the Brain rear shock for the most balanced suspension performance on an Epic yet, the S-Works' Position-Sensitive Brain fork benefits from RockShox's svelte-yet-stiff SID SL Ultimate chassis, improving front-end stiffness and handling precision while keeping the grams at bay.
SRAM's flagship XX1 Eagle AXS group certainly fits the bill when only the best will do, dispatching shifts with electronic authority. Meanwhile, we tasked Roval with creating an entirely new Control SL rim that wouldn't just be able to go toe-to-toe with the Epic's newfound speed and handling performance, but add a bit of its own into the mix as well.
- Created specifically to match the increased capabilities of the Epic, the Roval Control SL rim introduces a completely new offset rim profile that features a 29-millimeter-wide internal width and not only increases strength and reduces weight, but also improves pinch-flat resistance by 22-percent.
- If speed could talk, it'd introduce itself as the all-new S-Works Epic frame. Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient Brain-controlled travel, the S-Works Epic increases rear triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer, while the use of FACT 12m carbon, a dedicated layup, and a full carbon shock link also make it the lightest full-suspension frame we've ever created, all while offering the most capable handling in an Epic yet. Nice to meet you, speed.
- Pairing 100 millimeters of the most efficient travel on earth with RockShox's svelte-yet-stiff SID SL Ultimate chassis, the RockShox SID SL Ultimate BRAIN fork serves as the pinnacle of XC-race suspension perfection.
- SRAM's XX1 Eagle AXS isn't just the lightest electronic MTB groupset on the market, it's also designed to withstand World-Cup winning chain loads while snapping off instantaneous shifts to ensure you're never caught on the back foot.
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are the highlights of today’s electronic shifting systems:
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servomotors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with precisely and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you’ll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||S-Works FACT 12m Carbon, Modern XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
|Fork||RockShox SID SL ULTIMATE BRAIN, Top-Adjust Brain damper, Debon Air, 44mm offset, 100mm Travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox-Specialized BRAIN, Rx XC Tune, 5 Position Platform Adjust, Rebound Adjust, Integrated Extension, 265x52.5mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Roval Control SL, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 24h|
Front: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Internals, Ceramic Bearings, 6-bolt, Torque caps, 24h straight pull t-head
Rear: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss 180 Internals, DT Swiss Ratchet EXP, Ceramic bearings, 24h
|Spokes||DT Swiss Aerolite T-head|
|Tires||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"|
|Crankset||QUARQ XX1 Eagle Power Meter, Boost 148, DUB, 170/175mm|
|Chainrings||SRAM Eagle 32T alloy, 104 BCD|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded|
|Chain||SRAM XX1 (Rainbow)|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM XG-1299 Eagle, 10-50T|
|Shifters||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, trigger, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|Brakes||SRAM Level Ultimate, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm|
|Seat Post||S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm|
|Accessories & Extras||SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool|
* Subject to change without notice.