You know what they say—when the grams go away, speed comes out to play. Benefitting from the lightest EVO frame we've ever created and the most aggressive iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry to date, the S-Works Epic EVO made a few calls and assembled a dream team supporting cast to offer a 'capability-to-weight' ratio that skips impressive and jumps straight to flat-out mindblowing.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we've worked overtime to make sure it's been implemented in a way that'll have you saying 'Whoa!' as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic's standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO's new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It's also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO's handling characteristics.
For the S-Works Epic EVO we also made sure that every last component to have the honor of gracing its FACT 12m carbon frame was just as dedicated to finding the ultimate balance of lightness, efficiency and hard-charging capability. For proof, just take a look at the seemingly logic-defying, stiffer-lighter-stronger masterpiece that is the new Roval Control SL wheelset, and SRAM's XC-light yet trail-tough electronic XX1 Eagle AXS group and wireless electronically-actuated Reverb AXS dropper post.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the S-Works Epic EVO's FACT 12m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to reduce the EVO's headtube angle by half a degree while lowering bottom bracket height by 10 millimeters.
- Pairing the all-new FOX FLOAT 34 Factory's lightweight chassis with the Fit4 damper's impressive control and on-the-fly compression adjustment makes for a fork with impressive performance both climbing and descending, making it a perfect match for the Epic EVO.
- The pinnacle of drivetrain performance, SRAM's XX1 Eagle AXS combines next-gen wireless technology, incredibly accurate shift performance and game-changing versatility to drastically redefine the riding experience.
- Created specifically to match both the weight savings and increased capability of the S-Works Epic and S-Works Epic EVO, the Roval Control SL rim introduces a completely new offset rim profile that features a 29-millimeter-wide internal width and not only increases strength and reduces weight, but also improves pinch-flat resistance by 22-percent.
|D. Effective Top Tube||567mm||602mm||629mm||659mm|
|E. Head Tube Angle||66.5°||66.5°||66.5°||66.5°|
|F. Head Tube Length||95mm||100mm||115mm||135mm|
|G. Seat Tube Angle||74.8°||74.5°||74.5°||74.5°|
|H. Seat Tube Length||400mm||430mm||470mm||520mm|
|I. Bottom Bracket Height||336mm||336mm||336mm||336mm|
|J. Bottom Bracket Drop||36mm||36mm||36mm||36mm|
|K. Fork Rake/Offset||44mm||44mm||44mm||44mm|
|N. Front to Center||697mm||729mm||759mm||792mm|
|O. Chainstay Length||438mm||438mm||438mm||438mm|
|Frame||S-Works FACT 12m Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|Fork||FOX FLOAT DPS Factory, Rx XC Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, Kashima Coat, 3-position adjustment w/ Open Mode Adjustment, 190x40mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX FLOAT 34 Factory, Fit4 damper, Kashima Coating, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 120mm of travel|
|Rims||Roval Control SL, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 24h|
Front: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Internals, Ceramic Bearings, 6-bolt, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h straight pull t-head
Rear: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss 180 Internals, DT Swiss Ratchet EXP, Ceramic bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 24h straight-pull
|Spokes||DT Swiss Aerolite|
Front: 110 x 15mm
Rear: 148 x 21mm
|Tires||Specialized Ground Control, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB Threaded|
|Crankset||SRAM XX1 Eagle DUB|
|Shifters||SRAM Eagle AXS Rocker Paddle|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Sram XG-1299, 12-Speed, 10-52t|
|Chain||SRAM XX1 Eagle|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 Ultimate, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||SRAM G2 Ultimate|
|Handlebars||Race Face NEXT Carbon, 20mm rise, 8-degree backsweep, 760mm wide, 35mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||Race Face Turbine R, 60mm, 35mm clamp|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb AXS, 30.9mm, S/M: 125, L:150, XL: 170mm|
|Saddle||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base|
* Subject to change without notice.